With the aim of supporting small wool producers, Saona was developed as a collaboration between Wooldreamers and several local ranching families in combination with Andalusian cotton.
The resulting yarn is a soft and lofty 2 ply Fingering that will give each project a special connection its origins. Offering a beautiful variety of colors and shades to let your imagination run free!
The colors in this collection have been designed in collaboration with Hailey Smedley (@Ozetta). She and her work, like the Saona project, come from the family tradition, rooted in love for her grandmother who taught her to knit.
Saona truly is a yarn that reflects Wooldreames' values:
* Made from Merino Entrefino and Manchego Wool and fully traceable Andalusian cotton.
* The wool comes from flocks that graze and fertilize local land.
* Saona is OEKOTEX Standard 100 certificate.
* Traceability 100% guaranteed. From the sheep to your hands.
* Minimal carbon emissions.
Yarn weight: Fingering
Ball weight: 50 g
Fibre: 50% Merino Entrefino and Manchego Wool, 50% Andalusian cotton
Length: 220 m / 240 yds per 50 g ball
Gauge: 22-26 sts per 10 cm / 4 in
Needle size: 2.5-3.5 mm / US 1.5-4